|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||30|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||29 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||20% DV|
|Vitamin C||40% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
|Preparation Time||20 minutes|
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1.0
|Baked potatoes, diced||2|
|Fat-free egg substitute||2 cups|
|Large tomato, seeded and diced||1|
|Minced fresh parsley||2 tablespoons|
|Garlic cloves, minced||2 |
|Olive oil||1 teaspoon|
|Large onion, minced||1|
|Trans fat-free margarine||2 teaspoons|
- In a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat, cook the potatoes, onions, tomatoes, parsley, and garlic in the oil until most of liquid has evaporated from the tomatoes.
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir in eggs.
- Wipe out the frying pan, then place it over medium-high heat and let stand for about 2 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon margarine and swirl the pan to distribute.
- Add half of the egg mixture; lift and rotate pan so that the eggs are evenly distributed.
- As the eggs set around the edges, lift them to allow uncooked portions to flow underneath.
- Turn the heat to low, cover the pan and cook until the top is set. Invert onto a serving plate.
- Cut into wedges. Repeat with the remaining 1 teaspoon margarine and egg mixture.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 2; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers.
Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.