|Serving Size||¼ of recipe|
|Calories from Fat||60|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||25 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||15% DV|
|Vitamin C||50% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
|Preparation Time||25 minutes|
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1.0
|Fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, etc.)||2 cups|
|Fat-free plain yogurt||1/3 cup|
|Ground cinnamon||½ teaspoon|
|Egg substitute||1 cup|
|Reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated||½ cup|
|Fresh mint, chopped, for garnish|
- Preheat the broiler, positioning the oven rack 6-8 inches above.
- Melt half the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Pour in half the beaten eggs.
- As the eggs cook, use a spatula to lift the edge, letting the uncooked egg run underneath.
- When loose egg can move to the edge, remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle on half the cheese.
- Place the pan under the broiler until the cheese is melted and the egg is completely set.
- Spread half the fruit on one side of the omelet.
- Top the fruit with a generous dollop of the yogurt, which has been blended with the cinnamon and honey.
- Fold the other side of the omelet over the fruit and slide it onto a plate.
- Garnish with more yogurt mixture and fresh chopped mint.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 2; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers.
Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
Jesse Ziff Cool for Melissa’s Variety Produce
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.