Hospitalist program to benefit PCPs
The Hospitalist Program at Saint Vincent Hospital is designed to assist you, the Primary Care Physician (PCP). Benefits include:
- Providing prompt admission and treatment of your patients;
- Overseeing the patient’s entire hospital stay to provide quality care;
- Freeing you from hospital service call duties;
- Communicating ongoing patient status to you on a timely basis;
- Helping your practice run smoother and more efficiently.
When your adult patient enters the hospital, a Saint Vincent Hospitalist will immediately assume the role of attending physician for the length of the individual’s hospital stay.
Why turn to a Hospitalist? Because Hospitalists practice full time in the hospital, they are more readily available to help you and your patients. Aspects of care include:
- Coordinating hospital admissions;
- Arranging diagnostic testing and specialty consultations;
- Explaining findings and discussing recommendations with patients;
- Orchestrating all patient care;
- Providing medical care for patients who need surgical treatment;
- Managing urgent situations that may arise during the hospitalization;
- Reviewing hospital treatment with insurance companies and payers.
Quality care is our focus for the hospitalized patient.
Saint Vincent Hospitalists provide medical treatment for hospitalized adult patients and keep you and the individual’s family well informed through regular communication. With the assurance that your patients are still well cared for when they require hospital treatment, Saint Vincent Hospitalists give you the option to focus on your office practice. Your increased presence there can enable you to see existing patients without delay and promptly schedule new patient appointments.
The Saint Vincent Hospitalist team includes a registered nurse case manager and licensed medical social worker to deal with insurance matters and social service needs. Hospital staff members, nurses and ancillary staff members address patient care issues to one person, providing a continuity of care.
to download our Hospitalist Service Communication Policy PDF