Rehabilitate means to restore to customary activity through education and therapy. Naturallly, the kind of rehabilitation needed to achieve the goal of restoring normal activity and the time and effort it will take varies with the nature and severity of each patient's specific injury. what doesn't vary is the need for specialized, focused, comprehensive care, whether a patient is being treated fro a one-time problem or for a long-term condition.
Rehabilitation is more than applying a brace or specific technique. It is a comprehensive program designed not only to eliminate the deficits of an injury or musculoskeletal problem, but prevent it from returning.
Whether a surgical or non-surgical solution is the correct treatment choice, rehabilitation is an integral part of the recovery process. Our rehabilitation staff is part of the larger Center for Musculoskeletal Services team, all working together to restore function as quickly and safely as possible.
We employ a variety of advanced techniques designed to restore normal strength, motion, flexibility and reduce pain as quickly and safely as possible. Our rehabilitation specialists devote their efforts toward achieving optimal function for every patient. We specialize in the treatment of neurologic and musculoskeletal disorders including pre-and post-operative care programs.
Since each patient's injury is unique and requires individualized assessment and treatment, within the Center for Musculoskeletal Services's continuum of care, rehabilitation plays an extensive role. We work with each patient's physician[s] to establish an accurate diagnosis quickly and develop a plan of care that fits the needs of each of our patients.
Our services include Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Speech Therapy. Our rehabilitation staff specializes in:
- Assessment and treatment of injuries of the foot and ankle, shoulder, knee, spine, hip, wrist, hand and elbow
- Advanced evaluation and treatment of musculoskeletal problems, such as sports-related injuries, occupational injuries, and injury prevention on the playing field as well as in the workplace
- Evaluation and treatment of spinal injuries and educational programs on spine care
- Development of biomechanical braces and supports for the foot, and custom sports braces and athletic pads
- Advanced manual therapy/mobilization of the spine and extremities
to find a rehabilitation site.