Improving patient care through education, training, research, and scholarship is a top priority, and The Saint Vincent Hospital Education and Research Fund Inc. is now accepting applications for its 2013 Drapos Scholarship Program.
Purpose: To help individuals become nurses and allied health professionals (i.e., respiratory therapist, physician assistant, physical therapist, radiology technician, etc).
Eligibility: Applicant must be a current employee of Saint Vincent Hospital or a relative of a current employee or must have attended a high school in Worcester. Applicants must also be enrolled in, or accepted into, a certificate or undergraduate training program.
Awards: A total of three $2,000 scholarships will be awarded.
Applications: Can be obtained from Ms. Dee Archambault (x26156).
Application Deadline: Now closed for 2013.
Please contact Dr. Anthony Esposito (x26156) for additional information.
The Alex Drapos Scholarship
The Alex Drapos Scholarship was established in 2007 by friends and colleagues in grateful memory of a man who served on the Board of Trustees at Saint Vincent Hospital for many years and who offered his time and talent in support of worthy causes.
The purpose of the Alex Drapos Scholarship is to help employees of Saint Vincent Hospital and other Worcester area residents advance their education, transition to skilled positions in healthcare and in so doing, reach their full potentials.
The Board of Trustees of the Saint Vincent Hospital Education and Research Fund, Inc. will select recipients based on financial need, qualifications and potential to meet career goals.
- Completion of application including current resume and school transcript, if applicable.
- Submission of an essay (500 word maximum) describing your interest in the healthcare field you have chosen, your future goals, and why financial aid is necessary.
- Letter of support from current supervisor or academic advisor
- Return completed application packet to Anthony L. Esposito, MD, Room 2194, Worcester Medical Center, 123 Summer Street, Worcester, MA, 01608.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be reviewed.
Application Deadline: Closed for 2013. Distribution: Scholarships will be awarded prior to the fall semester.