One of our missions at Saint Vincent Hospital is to promote scholarship by healthcare providers and to foster the advancement of medical knowledge through educational activities and scientific research. This is to enhance the medical care and the health and well being of the people of Worcester and Central Massachusetts.
Saint Vincent Hospital Education and Research Fund, Inc.
Alex Drapos Scholarship
The Alex Drapos Scholarship was established in 2007 by friends and colleagues in grateful memory of a man who served on the Board of Trustees at Saint Vincent Hospital for many years and who offered his time in support of worthy causes.
The purpose of the Alex Drapos Scholarship is to help employees of Saint Vincent Hospital and other Worcester area residents advance their education and to transition to skilled positions in healthcare, and thus, to reach their full potentials.
Applicants must be a current employee of Saint Vincent Hospital or the child of a current employee or must have attended a high school in Worcester. Applicants must also be currently enrolled in, or accepted into, a certificate or undergraduate training program.
The Board of Trustees of the Saint Vincent Hospital Education and Research Fund, Inc will select awardees based on financial need, qualifications and potential to meet career goals.
Three $2,000 scholarships will be awarded in 2016.
Scholarships will be awarded prior to the Fall semester.
1. Completion of Application, including current resume and school transcript, if applicable. Click here to download.
2. Submission of an essay (500 word maximum) describing your interest in the healthcare field you have chosen, your future goals, and why financial aid is necessary.
3. Letter of support from current supervisor or academic advisor.
4. Return completed application packet to Anthony L. Esposito, MD, Room 2194, Worcester Medical Center, 123 Summer Street, Worcester, MA, 01608.
5. Incomplete or late applications will not be reviewed.
Application Deadline: Friday, June 10, 2016
For more information, please contact Ms. Dee Archambault x26156.