We have been participating in multinational clinical trials for more than 25 years. The Clinical Research Center at Saint Vincent Hospital was established for the purpose of providing the medical staff and our patients with centralized, full-service inpatient/outpatient research support.
Participating in clinical research allows our medical staff to provide patient access to some of the latest medical therapies, many of which may be covered financially by the research sponsors.
Current clinical trials include:
- CyberKnife Treatment of Metastatic Brain Cancer
- Radiation Therapy and Medication for Intermediate-Risk Prostate Cancer
- Data Collection on the Use of Impella® Devices in the Cardiac Catheterization Lab
- International Study of Medical vs. Invasive Approaches to Heart Disease
- Emergency Medicine
- Biomarker evaluation in severe sepsis and septic shock
- Study Medication for Sepsis
- Assessment of Clinical Performance of Troponin Assays
Click here to read the Saint Vincent Hospital Policy for Financial Conflict of Interest in Research.
For more information on current research protocols at Saint Vincent Hospital, please call the Clinical Research Center at (508) 363-7018.