We have been participating in multinational clinical trials for more than 25 years. The Clinical Research Center at Saint Vincent Hospital was established for the purpose of providing the medical staff and our patients with centralized, full-service inpatient/outpatient research support.
Participating in clinical research allows our medical staff to provide patient access to some of the latest medical therapies, many of which may be covered financially by the research sponsors.
Current clinical trials include:
- Breast Cancer: HER-2 Testing and Treatment of Ductal Carcinoma in-situ (DCIS)
- CyberKnife Treatment of Metastatic Brain Cancer
- Radiation Therapy and Medication for Intermediate-Risk Prostate Cancer
- Data Collection on the Use of Impella® Devices in the Cardiac Catheterization Lab
- Data Collection on Coronary Events
- Evaluation of a Software Analysis Tool
- International Study of Medical vs. Invasive Approaches to Heart Disease
- Infectious Disease
- Antibiotic Therapy for c—diff Infection
- Evaluation of Catheter Tracking System
- Emergency Medicine
- Biomarker evaluation in severe sepsis and septic shock
- Critical Care Medicine
- Evaluation of a method to diagnose blood infections
For more information on current research protocols at Saint Vincent Hospital, please call the Clinical Research Center at (508) 363-7018.