We understand that patients in our critical care unit are often scared or confused. We makes communication, monitoring and constant care a priority, so you can feel safe and comfortable.
The Critical Care Center at Saint Vincent Hospital is a 24-bed unit that provides care for patients who need the following kinds of treatment:
Our multidisciplinary team is unique because we are specially trained to treat people who need critical care. Our team includes:
- Registered nurses (RNs) who are cross-trained to care for all conditions
- Dedicated coordinator who focuses on patient and family needs
- Critical Care Technicians
- Wendy Lancey, RN, MS, CCRN - Senior Director of Critical Care Services. Formally the Director of the Unit and Critical Care Educator for more than 13 years, Lancey holds a master's degree in Critical Care/Cardiovascular Nursing from the University of Massachusetts Medical Center Graduate School of Nursing. She is a certified Critical Care Nurse.
- Yuka-Marie Vinagre, MD, PhD - Chief of Critical Care Services Vinagre received her Medical Degree from Boston University School of Medicine in 1997. She completed her residency in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics at Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, Mass., and a fellowship in Critical Care Medicine at UMass Medical Center. She is board certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonology and Critical Care Medicine and has been on our staff since 2003.
For more information about our critical care unit, please call (508) 363-6049.