- When Grandparents Raise Grandkids
More than 3 million American children currently live with grandparents or other relatives. In nearly one-third of these households, grandparents are the primary caregivers.
- Grandparents, Keep Kids Safe in Toyland
Before you hit the stores this holiday season, remember that the best toys are not just fun but also safe.
- Grandparents Can Provide a Critical Need: Attention
Being a cheerleader for your grandchildren doesn't require any special training. All you need to invest is some time and energy to become their biggest fan.
- A Grandparents' Guide to Home Child-Proofing
Whether they are coming for an afternoon or a week, taking some steps before your grandchildren arrive can help keep them safe during their visit. Consider these guidelines.
- Do's and Don'ts for Grandparents
Tips for getting the most from your relationship with your grandchildren.
- Let Your Children Raise Their Kids
So who's in charge, the parent or grandparent? Experts say it's the parent's job to parent unless grandparents are told otherwise.
- Make a Scrapbook for Your Grandkids
If a grandchild is special to you, put your heart into showing it by creating a scrapbook.
- Someone's in the Kitchen with Grandma
Now is the time to share your tried-and-true recipes and kitchen sense with those who will appreciate them the most: your grandchildren.
- Bridge the Gap With Teen Grandkids
If you want to develop a closer relationship with teen grandchildren, the key is arranging for one-on-one time, without parents in the picture.
- For Seniors: Pass On Your Love of Music
Introducing some of your cherished tunes to a grandchild may provide a great catalyst for imparting information about your past.
- Persuading Kids to Eat Nutritious Meals
It's not always easy to get your children to eat enough fruits and vegetables.
- Building Bonds with Your Grandchildren
Grandparents can play an important role in the lives of their grandchildren. In some families, they are the caregivers; in others, they help make lasting memories through special visits.