- School-Aged Child Nutrition
Eating healthy after-school snacks is important at this age, as these snacks may contribute up to one-third of the total calorie intake for the day.
- Find Nutrients for Children in Food, Not Pills
While you want to make sure your child gets the right vitamins and minerals, it's best for kids to get all the nutrients they need from food. But there are some children who may need a supplement.
- School Lunches: Going Beyond Peanut Butter
Some kids don't want to try new things in their lunch. But a variety of foods gives children a variety of nutrients and expands their palates.
- Kids Need Their Nutrients
Learning a bit more about vitamins and minerals can help ensure your kids are on the right nutritional track.
- What About Energy Drinks for Kids?
As some schools ban colas from vending machines, ads are hyping a source of even more caffeine: energy drinks.
- Prevention of Heart Disease Starts in Childhood
You may think of heart disease as a problem for adults, not your young children. But diet and exercise habits started in childhood can begin a lifetime of heart health, or a lifetime of heart damage.