- Female Teen Athletes: At Risk for Injury?
Teen girls who are athletes face unique obstacles when it comes to their bodies and how well they perform.
- Knees Are Casualties of Women's Sports
Active women are at least twice as likely to suffer serious knee injuries as men, but it's not just athletes who are at risk.
- Softball's Most Dangerous Move: The Slide
The best way to eliminate sliding injuries is to use bases designed to pop loose when they are struck too hard.
- Bicycle, In-Line Skating, Skateboarding Safety - Injury Statistics and Incidence Rates
Most child and teen bicycle crashes occur between May and August and between the hours of 3 and 6 p.m.
- Bicycle, In-Line Skating, Skateboarding Safety--Identifying High-Risk Situations
Most skateboard crashes occur because of irregular riding surfaces or because of inexperience. Sprains and fractures of the wrist are the most common results of a fall.
- Water Safety and Teens
Encourage your adolescent to take swimming, diving, and water safety or rescue classes to give him/her the skills needed to swim and dive safely.
- Bicycle, In-Line Skating, Skateboarding Safety--Prevention
Skateboards should never be used on surface streets. Your child should wear protective gear such as helmets, padding, and closed-toe and slip-resistant shoes.