Your Doctor and Your Hospitalist The Important Role of the Hospitalist Today
Your primary care physician may arrange for your medical care to be provided by a hospitalist while you are a patient at Saint Vincent Hospital.
Hospitalists are board certified internal medicine specialists (internists) - who specialize in the care of the hospitalized patient. They are an important part of your health care team.
- Hospitalists work in partnership with your primary care physician to coordinate inpatient care.
- Hospitalists also work closely with nurses, ancillary staff and other physician specialists involved in your care.
- The Hospitalists at Saint Vincent Hospital are:
- Familiar with the hospital's systems for ordering tests, analyzing results and arranging for treatment;
- Trained to quickly recognize and respond to changes in the patient's condition;
- At the hospital 24 hours a day, so they can see patients as frequently as their medical conditions require.
Each hospitalist will promptly provide your doctor with a written report of your hospital visit to facilitate any follow-up care you may need.
If you do not have a primary care physician, the Hospitalist team will provide you with a list and arrange your follow-up care.
If you are a primary care physician and want to learn more click here.
Click here to view/print our Hospitalist Team