What To Expect
Feel Prepared for Your Upcoming Visit
Whether you’re coming to Saint Vincent Hospital for an appointment or for a longer stay, we strive to provide you with the information you need to be prepared. We believe in giving you the tools you need to have a positive experience during your time with us, and part of having a positive experience means knowing what you can expect when you arrive.
Preparing for Your Visit
When you come to Saint Vincent for your visit, be sure to bring with you:
- Your Social Security Number
- Insurance information including:
- Your insurance card OR
- Insurance company name, complete mailing address, policy group number and your personal ID number
- Referral form if your insurance requires it.
- Medicare or Medicaid card if you are covered by it.
- Cash, check or major credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express). You may need to pay for services not covered by insurance.
- Medical records. If your visit is for a second opinion or on referral, you may need to bring medical records, X-rays, results from lab tests, pathology slides or other materials. Before your visit, ask your doctor if they have already sent these to Saint Vincent Hospital.
- Advance directive. Please bring your advance directive (such as a living will and/or durable power of attorney for health care) if you have one.
For Longer Stays
If you’ll be staying for longer than an appointment, we suggest you review our patient checklist of what you should and should not bring.
During your stay, you’ll be interacting with many members of our team who are all working to ensure your safe care and best health. These practitioners include doctors, nurses, therapists, chaplains, nutritionists and food service staff — but your nurse will be the person you interact with most frequently. A member of your health care team will be in to check on you at least every hour, if not more often. Get the most out of your visit and be a partner in your care by speaking up! We encourage you to ask questions and voice any concerns you may have. We are here to serve your needs and improve your health.