Saint Vincent Hospital Invests $11 Million to Elevate Standards of Healthcare ExcellenceJun 2, 2022
The investment yields new technology, facility upgrades and cutting-edge equipment
Worcester, MA – June 2, 2022 – Saint Vincent Hospital is pleased to announce an $11 million investment in Worcester’s downtown hospital through the end of 2022. The investment will significantly enhance hospital facilities and services to provide award-winning, high-quality healthcare for Central Massachusetts.
“We have a legacy of caring for the community, and our continued investments take our hospital to a new level of distinction. We are acquiring state-of-the-art technology, improving infrastructure, enhancing patient experience and expanding clinical resources,” said Carolyn Jackson, Chief Executive Officer of Saint Vincent Hospital. “This capital investment underscores our position as the destination for advanced care in our region.”
The $11 million investment includes:
- State-of-the-art DaVinci Xi surgical robot for minimally invasive surgery.
- SAVI SCOUT technology for surgical breast biopsies.
- New endoscopy equipment for everything from screening colonoscopies to advanced interventional gastroenterology procedures.
- Neuro-interventional radiology that enables more comprehensive stroke and neurovascular procedures.
- A new integrated electronic health record system.
- Renovations in the Center for Women and Infants and other areas of the hospital.
The $11 million investment demonstrates Saint Vincent Hospital’s continued dedication to meeting the needs of Central Massachusetts and delivering the highest quality healthcare for the people it serves. These investments are the beginning of continued reinvestment in Saint Vincent Hospital, and we look forward to additional such announcements in the future.