Scheduling & Visitor RestrictionsWe will be rescheduling some patient appointments and procedures in an effort to protect our patients and staff. Conserving personal protective equipment helps us prioritize the needs of those who may require immediate care. Adjustments to scheduled procedures and appointments will be made as requested by the physician, patient or as required by official local or national public health authorities. We will contact you directly if your appointment or procedure is postponed until a later date. During this time, all Saint Vincent Hospital facilities will remain open to care for patients who require in-person visits and time-sensitive care. Thank you for understanding our need to take these measures for the safety of all.
Patient Visitation Guidelines (effective 6/15/20)
1. Hospital visiting hours: 10 am – 7 pm.
2. One visitor per patient in the building at a time. This includes both Outpatient and Inpatient Services.
- Any other visitors must wait outside until the one who is with the patient leaves.
- Inpatient visitors must check-in at the nursing station prior to entering a patient room.
3. All visitors must be cleared through our visitor screening process.
Visitor screening process:
- Health screening questions and temperature check.
- Adherence to hand hygiene guidelines.
- Visitor must wear a Mask/Face covering at all times.
4. Visitation Exceptions:
- Emergency Department: Limited visitation.
- Approvals include the following:
- Patients with disabilities or cognitive impairment
- End of life or other special circumstances
- Mother and Baby Services: One dedicated visitor per stay
- Isolation Patients: One visitor per day for 30 minutes. Additional precautions may apply.
Isolation Patients: Additional Precautions (effective 6/11/20)
- Wear your mask at all times
- Visitation limited to one visitor per patient per day
- Visit limited to 30 minutes
- Check-in at the nurse’s station
- Staff will inform you of additional precautions
- You will need to wear a gown and gloves to protect you and your clothing
- Gown and gloves need to be taken off as you leave the room
- Sanitize your hands before and after putting on/taking off gown and gloves
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet from your loved one (patient) at all times
- While in the room, both you and your loved one (patient) must wear masks for the duration of the visit.
- Staff will assist with disposal of gown and gloves
Restrictions for Hospital Entry/ExitEntry and exit is now limited to the 3rd floor North entrance at 123 Summer Street, and the Emergency Department entrance.
An exception to any limited visitation policy at the hospital is patients with disabilities who require support from family members or staff in order for them to effectively communicate with medical personnel or otherwise receive equal access to medical treatment.