HomeCare Specialty Programs
Specialized Home Health Care
As part of our HomeCare & Hospice Services, we offer specialty programs designed to address the needs of all individuals with the skilled and compassionate care they deserve.
Our Bridge Program provides a specialty type of care for individuals with a potentially life-limiting illness who are still receiving curative or palliative treatment. Home Health Care is provided by nurses with expertise in pain and symptom management. These nurses also possess a unique understanding of some of the psychosocial and spiritual issues that patients may experience. Bridge services are covered under the home-care benefit of the patient’s insurance company.
Bridge Program Overview
- No certification is required
- Patient assigned a Hospice RN Case Manager
- Appropriate for patients psychologically not ready for hospice
- Bridge program offers the same services as Hospice
- Patient must be homebound, except for doctor and/or treatment visits
Transitions in Care
Transitions in Care is a unique program designed to assist individuals with their transition from hospital to home. This program includes:
- Transition Care Coach: This is a Registered Nurse who meets you in the hospital and follows up with you at home for 30 days to ensure a successful transition.
- Palliative Care: This team will help you better understand your disease, including an open discussion about your wishes and goals. Palliative Care Team members can assist with treatment of pain, shortness of breath, fatigue and nausea, so you can get as much relief as possible.
- Telephonic Care: This specialized program follows up with you four times over the first 30 days you’re home from the hospital. The goal is to ensure a successful transition home and answer any questions you may have.
All these programs are complimentary; please ask us for more information.
This program is designed for individuals who want or need in-home assistance not covered by their insurance. This may be in addition to the care provided under your insurance plan, after your insurance coverage ends or at any time when you believe some additional in-home help would benefit you.
Our nurses, therapists and home health aides will visit you in your home to assist you in meeting your health care needs.
Palliative care is a type of care for all types of chronic or progressive illness that focuses on improving quality of life. It involves the comprehensive treating of symptoms, discomfort and the stress of a serious illness.
Palliative care provides relief from distressing symptoms, including pain, shortness of breath and fatigue. It can also help provide solutions if you’re dealing with the side effects of medical treatments.
The Palliative Care Team is composed of an interdisciplinary group of specialists who include:
- Social workers
- Home health aides
This team approach to providing patient-centered care can help meet the physical, cultural, psychological and spiritual needs of you and your family. In addition, it can offer results via well-planned treatment for all your symptoms throughout your illness — treatment that takes care of you in your present condition and anticipates your future needs.
To learn more about any of our specialty home care programs, please call (508) 383-7000