Mammography, Cancer Care and More
From routine mammography to acute breast cancer care, the Breast Center at Saint Vincent Hospital provides you with a patient-centered program that can help you at every step. Our goal is to offer the greater Worcester community a comprehensive breast health program that provides high-quality care to everyone we see. Here you’ll find:
- A full continuum of diagnostic testing, surgical services and medical and radiation oncology services
- Same- or next-day appointments
- State-of-the-art diagnostic technology, including 3-D mammography, ultrasound, breast MRI and breast biopsy
- An experienced team that includes a breast surgeon, nurses, medical and radiation oncologists, a nurse practitioner, a navigator, a nutritionist, social worker, and physical therapist
- Access to clinical trials, complementary therapies, educational and community resources and support groups
If you find a new lump or are experiencing breast pain, worrisome nipple discharge or a change in the shape of your breast, our Breast Center is able to offer you same- or next-day evaluation. We’re able to pinpoint the problem right away with diagnostic mammograms and ultrasounds available. Learn more about our imaging services.
Breast Cancer Care
With Saint Vincent breast cancer care, you’ll work with our dedicated team that includes a breast surgeon, nurses, medical and radiation oncologists, a nurse practitioner, a navigator, a nutritionist, a social worker, and a physical therapist. Our team will work with you to develop a cancer treatment plan that is right for your diagnosis and your personal needs
Working with our medical oncologists, you will have access to clinical trial enrollment, when appropriate, onsite complementary therapies, educational resources, community resources, and support groups through the American Cancer Society. Even after completion of care, we’ll work with you to help you overcome the challenges that accompany cancer survivorship.
Detecting breast cancer early is an important part of successful treatment. We work to identify women who may be at high risk through genetic risk assessment. If appropriate risk is identified, based on family history or biopsy, we offer genetic testing. We then offer routine follow-ups for patients with an indicated high risk, so we can help as soon as possible if breast cancer does occur.
Take the Next Step in Your Journey
The Saint Vincent Hospital Breast Center is located in at One Eaton Place in downtown Worcester and is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. To learn more about the services we offer, or to schedule an appointment, please call (866) 494-3627.