With over four decades of cardiac surgery, you can trust Saint Vincent Hospital for expert cardiac surgery. We’re committed to providing you with a full continuum of care that can give you the best possible surgical outcomes.
Since performing the first Worcester-area open-heart surgery in 1959, Saint Vincent Hospital has offered advanced procedures for a range of conditions. Cardiac surgical procedures offered at Saint Vincent include:
- Aortic valve replacement: Surgery in which an incision is made in the aorta and the valve is removed and replaced with a tissue or mechanical valve. This is often used to treat conditions like aortic stenosis or aortic regurgitation. We also offer the innovative transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) procedure for high-risk patients.
- Atrial fibrillation surgery/Maze procedure: Usually done alongside another heart surgery, the Maze procedure is designed to form scar tissue that disrupts abnormal electrical impulses in the heart and restores a normal heartbeat.
- Coronary artery bypass grafting: This is an operation designed to sew bypass grafts into the coronary arteries beyond areas of blockage, improving blood flow and relieving symptoms of chest pain.
- Mitral valve surgery: Surgery to either repair or replace the mitral valve in your heart, ensuring that blood keeps flowing through the heart. Click here to learn more about Mitral Valve Surgery & the MitraClip.
- Other cardiac procedures: Other cardiac procedures offered at Saint
Vincent include aortic aneurysm, other valve and surgical procedures.
Take the Next Step
To learn more about the surgical procedures offered at Saint Vincent’s Center for Heart and Vascular Services, call us at (508) 363-6162. To find a cardiologist or other heart specialist, use our online doctor search.