Angioplasty, Arteriography, and More
You can find treatment procedures for your vascular disease with help from the vascular surgeons at Saint Vincent Hospital. Our Vascular Surgery Department utilizes advanced technology to deliver high-quality care for patients suffering from non-heart-related vascular problems. Our treatment offerings range from laser technology to treat veins to endovascular technology to treat aneurysms.
Vascular Procedures We Offer
Some of the procedures that the Vascular Surgery Department performs include:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) open repair: This procedure involves using a cylinder-like tube called a graft to repair the aneurysm. The graft is sewn to the aorta, connecting one end of the aorta at the site of the aneurysm to the other end. We offer both endovascular and open procedures to meet patient needs.
- Amputation: Most amputations are due to vascular disease. In some cases, removing the limb is the best option for preventing tissue death, leading to gangrene.
- Arteriography: This procedure helps us evaluate vascular conditions like aneurysm, stenosis or blockages with an X-ray. During the arteriogram, we inject dye into an artery to make the arteries visible on the X-ray.
- Carotid endarterectomy for carotid stenosis: During this procedure, atherosclerotic plaque that has built up on the inside of the carotid artery wall is surgically removed through an incision on the side of the neck.
- Dialysis: This process removes waste substances and fluid from the blood that would normally be removed by well-functioning kidneys.
- Femoropopliteal bypass surgery: A surgical procedure used to treat severe blockage due to plaque in the femoral artery.
To learn more information about vascular surgery and the procedures we offer at the Center for Heart and Vascular Services, or to schedule a consultation, call us at (508) 363-6162.