Foot and Ankle
Advanced Care and Surgery
The foot contains 26 bones surrounded by joints and muscles that all need to work in sync to give you proper mobility and stability. With so many parts, it’s not surprising that as many as 80 percent of Americans will suffer from some form of foot or ankle pain during their lives. If you’re suffering, the orthopedic specialists at Saint Vincent Hospital’s Center for Musculoskeletal Services can help.
Foot and ankle pain can be caused be a wide range of conditions, including:
- Poor circulation
- Genetic abnormalities
- Ill-fitting shoes
- Normal wear and tear
Our specialists are trained to diagnose the cause of your pain and create an individualized treatment plan to address the root cause — not simply mask the pain.
In some cases, surgery may be appropriate. But we’ll exhaust every appropriate treatment option before turning to surgery. However, if a surgical procedure becomes the recommended choice, our team of ankle and foot specialists is well versed in:
- Complex fracture care
- Custom casting and splinting
- Manufacturing and fitting of custom braces and orthotics
- Plantar Fasciitis and other common foot problems
- Reconstructive surgery related to arthritis or deformity
- Reconstructive surgery related to trauma
- Soft tissue sprains, strains and contusions
- Sports-related injuries of the foot and ankle
To receive more information please contact us at (800) 201-0574.