About Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Saint Vincent Hospital is working closely with the Department of Public Health, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), to respond to any potential coronavirus cases in our area. We routinely treat infectious diseases at Saint Vincent Hospital. We have strong infection control policies, procedures, and systems in place to screen and treat patients. We are committed to keeping our patients, our staff, and our community safe. For more information about the coronavirus, go to the CDC website.
New Visitation Guidelines and Hospital Entrance Changes
At Saint Vincent Hospital, we have taken significant steps to ensure that we are protecting our patients, our staff, and our community from infection as we continue to closely monitor the outbreak of the novel (new) coronavirus (COVID-19). We have been adjusting our actions as the situation evolves. We continue to work with the State Department of Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and our local Infection Prevention Team to respond to any potential COVID-19 cases that may present at our hospital. Out of an abundance of caution, effective immediately and until further notice, we have limited access to Saint Vincent Hospital, and our visitation policy has changed.
Entry and exit is now limited to the 3rd floor North entrance at 123 Summer Street, and the Emergency Department entrance.
As patients and visitors enter Saint Vincent Hospital, hospital staff are requiring that they sanitize their hands and asking questions about any symptoms including fever, cough or shortness of breath.
In inpatient units and the Emergency Department, no visitors will be permitted except under special circumstances including:
- Visitation of a patient nearing the end of life
- One coach or partner for each mother in our Center for Women and Infants
- One parent at a time for each baby in our Special Care Nursery
- One visitor to accompany patients for hospital discharge
- All visitors will be asked to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer when entering or leaving the hospital, when entering or leaving the patient room and often during their visit within the hospital
- Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to visit inpatient units
For all outpatient appointments:
- One visitor will be permitted to accompany a patient