About Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Saint Vincent Hospital is working closely with the Department of Public Health, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), to respond to any potential coronavirus cases in our area. We routinely treat infectious diseases at Saint Vincent Hospital. We have strong infection control policies, procedures, and systems in place to screen and treat patients. We are committed to keeping our patients, our staff, and our community safe. For more information about the coronavirus, go to the CDC website.
Patient Visitation Guidelines (effective 6/15/20)
1. Hospital visiting hours: 10 am – 7 pm.
2. One visitor per patient in the building at a time. This includes both Outpatient and Inpatient Services.
- Any other visitors must wait outside until the one who is with the patient leaves.
- Inpatient visitors must check-in at the nursing station prior to entering a patient room.
3. All visitors must be cleared through our visitor screening process.
Visitor screening process:
- Health screening questions and temperature check.
- Adherence to hand hygiene guidelines.
- Visitor must wear a Mask/Face covering at all times.
4. Visitation Exceptions:
- Emergency Department: Limited visitation.
- Approvals include the following:
- Patients with disabilities or cognitive impairment
- End of life or other special circumstances
- Mother and Baby Services: One dedicated visitor per stay
- Isolation Patients: One visitor per day for 30 minutes. Additional precautions may apply.
Isolation Patients: Additional Precautions (effective 6/11/20)
- Wear your mask at all times
- Visitation limited to one visitor per patient per day
- Visit limited to 30 minutes
- Check-in at the nurse’s station
- Staff will inform you of additional precautions
- You will need to wear a gown and gloves to protect you and your clothing
- Gown and gloves need to be taken off as you leave the room
- Sanitize your hands before and after putting on/taking off gown and gloves
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet from your loved one (patient) at all times
- While in the room, both you and your loved one (patient) must wear masks for the duration of the visit.
- Staff will assist with disposal of gown and gloves