Inpatient Mental Health
Behavioral Health Services
Offering quality, respectful mental and behavioral health care for you or a loved one is top priority at Saint Vincent Hospital. For the past 50 years, Saint Vincent Hospital has provided the Worcester community with psychiatric services for those experiencing psychiatric and emotional problems.
Features of our care include:
- 12 bed unit at Saint Vincent Hospital & 28 bed unit at MetroWest Medical Center
- Short-term, intensive care serving those ages 16 and older
- Individualized treatment plans designed to help patients return home safely or to a less restrictive level of care
- Comprehensive behavioral health services should other care be needed
Our Inpatient Mental Health Unit
You can find quality inpatient mental health care with the Saint Vincent Hospital 12-bed Center for Behavioral Health and at MetroWest Medical Center’s 28-bed Adult Inpatient Mental Health Unit. We offer short-term, intensive care for patients ages 16 and older, with a focus on building good long-term mental health.
Our team works with you and your loved one to create an individualized treatment plan that will meet your specific needs. Our goal is to help patients return home safely or to a less restrictive level of care. Here you’ll find further education for both you and your family that will help you to improve coping skills. Further inpatient mental health services include:
- Crisis intervention
- Occupational therapy
- Group, one-on-one and family therapy
- Medical evaluation and management
- Thorough aftercare planning
If you’re in need of help for a psychiatric emergency, please call our 24-hour crisis assessment team at (508) 363-5003 or (508) 363-5252.
For doctors: To refer patients to our unit, please call our intake coordinator at (508) 736-4354.