Saint Vincent Hospital Partial Hospital Program (PHP) and Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
To contact us, call (774) 420-3844.
Evenings & Weekends, Call (508) 650-7380.
Alternatively, you may print the referral from below and fax to 508-854-4105.
Our mission is to provide patient-centered, evidence-based care for adults struggling with significant psychiatric symptoms. Our multi-disciplinary team is committed to creating a welcoming environment, and to facilitating patient improvement through multiple approaches.
Note: To ensure patient safety during the COVID-19 pandemic, our programs are currently virtual, via secure Zoom accounts.
What conditions are most commonly treated at the Partial Hospital Program and Intensive Outpatient Program?
Conditions most commonly treated include, but are not limited to:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Co-occurring substance use disorders
Our highly-trained and experienced staff are capable of treating a wide range of behavioral health problems.
Note: Participants at the Partial Hospital Program and Intensive Outpatient Program must be at least 18 years old.
Partial Hospital Program
9:00 am to 1:00 pm, Monday – Friday
What is a Partial Hospital Program (PHP)? PHP’s are designed to provide multiple integrated services for patients with behavioral health problems.
- Participants attend four groups daily, five days per week, learning coping skills and mindfulness techniques that promote and sustain psychiatric wellness.
- Our psychiatrist and nurse practitioner work to clarify diagnoses, and provide closely monitored medication management to stabilize psychiatric symptoms.
- Our clinicians work to connect participants to appropriate outpatient / community services.
- When participants have improved but continue to require significant support, they sometimes transition to the Intensive Outpatient Program.
- Length of treatment at the PHP varies based on the needs and goals of the participant. Average length of treatment is approximately two weeks.
Intensive Outpatient Program
What is an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)? IOP’s are designed to provide significant supportive services for patients with behavioral health problems.
- IOP treatment occurs 3-5 days per week. Participants attend three groups each day, learning coping skills and mindfulness techniques that promote and sustain psychiatric wellness.
- It is very common for PHP participants to transition to IOP treatment as they improve, allowing integration of new skills into daily living as treatment progresses.
- In some cases, participants may begin treatment in the IOP. Clients starting at IOP level of care generally do not require medication management.
- Length of treatment at the IOP varies based on the needs and goals of the participant. Average length of treatment is 2-3 weeks.
The Partial Hospital Program Team
Our dedicated team includes a psychiatrist, psychiatric nurse practitioner, and several clinicians/case workers.
We accept most insurances, including Medicare when coupled with Mass Health or other secondary insurance.
Saint Vincent Hospital is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO).