Dual Diagnosis Treatment Center
Behavioral Health Services
Providing stabilization and support to adults with mental health and substance abuse disorders (dual diagnosis) requires special services and considerations. Saint Vincent Hospital works with the Dual Diagnosis Unit at MetroWest Medical Center’s Leonard Morse Hospital to provide exceptional dual diagnosis services to our mental health and substance abuse patients so that they can receive the care they need. Offering quality, respect, and education around mental health and substance abuse for you or a loved one is our top priority.
Features of our care include:
- 20 bed unit at Saint Vincent Hospital & 28 bed unit at MetroWest Medical Center
- Short-term, intensive care serving those ages 16 and older
- Individualized treatment plans designed to help patients return home safely or to a less restrictive level of care
- Comprehensive behavioral health services should other care be needed
Our Inpatient Mental Health Unit
You can find quality inpatient mental health and substance abuse care with the MetroWest Medical Center’s 20-bed Adult Inpatient Mental Health Unit. We offer short-term, intensive care for patients ages 18 and older, with a focus on building good long-term mental health and relapse prevention.
Our team works with you and your loved one to create an individualized treatment plan that will
meet your specific needs. Our goal is to help patients return home safely or to a less restrictive
level of care. Here you’ll find further education for both you and your family that will help you to
improve coping skills.
Further inpatient mental health services include:
- Crisis intervention
- Dual diagnosis (mental health and substance abuse)
- Occupational therapy
- Group, one-on-one and family therapy
- Medical evaluation and management
- Thorough aftercare planning
If you’re in need of help for a psychiatric emergency, please call our 24-hour crisis assessment team at (508) 363-5003 or (508) 363-5252.
For doctors: To refer patients to our unit, please call our intake coordinator at (508) 736-4354.