Awards & Distinctions
Proud to Be Recognized for Serving Worcester
At Saint Vincent Hospital, our doctors, nurses and other medical professionals strive to provide personalized care and a welcoming, positive patient experience. And, while our most important reward is improving the health of you and your family, we’re also honored to have been recognized for the high level of care that we provide to the Worcester community.
Following is a list of awards and distinctions that we are proud to have received.
- One of Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Coronary Intervention™ in 2023 Cardiac
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Coronary Intervention Excellence Award™ for 2 Years in a Row (2022-2023)
- Named among the top 5% in the nation for coronary interventional procedures in 2023
- Named among the top 10% in the nation for cardiology services in 2023
- Named among the top 10% in the nation for coronary interventional procedures for 2 years in a row (2022-2023)
- Five-star recipient for coronary interventional procedures in 2023
- Five-star recipient for treatment of heart failure in 2023
- Five-star recipient for hip fracture treatment for 2 years in a row (2022-2023)
- Five-star recipient for treatment of stroke for 2 years in a row (2022-2023)
- Five-star recipient for treatment of GI bleed for 3 years in a row (2021-2023)
- Five-star recipient for treatment of respiratory failure for 2 years in a row (2022-2023)
- Five-star recipient for treatment of diabetic emergencies in 2023
- Saint Vincent Hospital received several awards from the American Heart Association for 2021-22, including their Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award, the Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite award, and the Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll award.
- Saint Vincent Hospital is proud to be named a Best Regional Hospital, receive the highest possible nurse staffing rating and earn six high -performance awards from U.S. News and World Report. Our commitment to always provide safe, exceptional healthcare for you and your family remains constant.
- Saint Vincent Hospital is proud to be named one of the best regional hospitals by U. S. News & World Report for 2020-2021. We’re recognized in four types of care: Congestive Heart Failure, COPD, Hip Replacement, and Knee Replacement. Thank you to our dedicated physicians, nurses and staff who truly make us A Community Built on Care.
- Leapfrog Group Patient Safety Score of “A” for multiple years
- Joint Commission accreditation, a distinction that is a nationwide seal of approval that indicates we meet high performance standards
- Best in Central Mass: Readers of the Worcester Telegram and Gazette voted Saint Vincent as the best hospital in Massachusetts in 2018 and 2019
- Joint Commission Top Performer Award for Core Measures
- Awarded Practice GreenHealth’s Partner for Change Award. This award is given to facilities that have an established and advanced environmental program. Also awarded the Making Medicine Mercury Free Award, a one-time award given to facilities that have eliminated mercury. Saint Vincent Hospital has maintained a completely mercury-free environment since opening our Summer Street location in 2000.
- Healthgrades Distinguished Hospital Award for clinical excellence for 2014
- Silver Medal Recognition- Workplace Partnership for Life Program
- Co-recipient of Medicare CCTP grant for Transitions in Care
- Designated a Blue Distinction Center for Bariatric Surgery by Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- American College of Surgeons Bariatric Surgery Center Network Accredited Bariatric Surgical Program
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer Accreditation with Commendation
Heart & Vascular Care
- Chest Pain Center accreditation by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- American Heart and Stroke Association - Gold Plus Award for Stroke Care
- Designated a Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Services by Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Accredited Vascular Lab by the intersocietal commission for the accreditation of vascular labs
- CMS Certification for Carotid Artery Stenting
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Blue Distinction Award for Knee and Hip Replacement
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health SCORE Stroke SCORE (Collaborative Reaching for Excellence) Award: The Collaborative designed hospitals in monitoring and improving the quality of stroke care for acute, inpatient and secondary performance measures.
- Designated Stroke Center for Massachusetts Department of Public Health
For more information about Saint Vincent and the services we provide, explore our site or call (508) 363-5000.