Awards & Distinctions
Proud to Be Recognized for Serving Worcester
At Saint Vincent Hospital, our doctors, nurses and other medical professionals strive to provide personalized care and a welcoming, positive patient experience. And, while our most important reward is improving the health of you and your family, we’re also honored to have been recognized for the high level of care that we provide to the Worcester community.
Following is a list of awards and distinctions that we are proud to have received.
- Saint Vincent Hospital is proud to be named one of the best regional hospitals by U. S. News & World Report for 2020-2021. We’re recognized in four types of care: Congestive Heart Failure, COPD, Hip Replacement, and Knee Replacement. Thank you to our dedicated physicians, nurses and staff who truly make us A Community Built on Care.
- Leapfrog Group Patient Safety Score of “A” for multiple years
- Joint Commission accreditation, a distinction that is a nationwide seal of approval that indicates we meet high performance standards
- Best in Central Mass: Readers of the Worcester Telegram and Gazette voted Saint Vincent as the best hospital in Massachusetts in 2018 and 2019
- Joint Commission Top Performer Award for Core Measures
- Awarded Practice GreenHealth’s Partner for Change Award. This award is given to facilities that have an established and advanced environmental program. Also awarded the Making Medicine Mercury Free Award, a one-time award given to facilities that have eliminated mercury. Saint Vincent Hospital has maintained a completely mercury-free environment since opening our Summer Street location in 2000.
- Healthgrades Distinguished Hospital Award for clinical excellence for 2014
- Silver Medal Recognition- Workplace Partnership for Life Program
- Co-recipient of Medicare CCTP grant for Transitions in Care
- Designated a Blue Distinction Center for Bariatric Surgery by Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- American College of Surgeons Bariatric Surgery Center Network Accredited Bariatric Surgical Program
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer Accreditation with Commendation
Heart & Vascular Care
- Chest Pain Center accreditation by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- American Heart and Stroke Association - Gold Plus Award for Stroke Care
- Designated a Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Services by Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Accredited Vascular Lab by the intersocietal commission for the accreditation of vascular labs
- CMS Certification for Carotid Artery Stenting
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Blue Distinction Award for Knee and Hip Replacement
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health SCORE Stroke SCORE (Collaborative Reaching for Excellence) Award: The Collaborative designed hospitals in monitoring and improving the quality of stroke care for acute, inpatient and secondary performance measures.
- Designated Stroke Center for Massachusetts Department of Public Health
For more information about Saint Vincent and the services we provide, explore our site or call (508) 363-5000.